Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WHY I'M WAXING NOSTALGIC 1993 STYLE

Like I've told you many times, I am a true Yankee fan, I love the history and the players, Ron Guidry, Don Mattingly, Rickey Henderson... Even Andy Stankiewicz... I'm not kidding.

In 1993 I was almost finished with college and we'd watch the Yankees afternoon games on chairs outside of out apartments and pull the TV out and watch with a bucket of beer. That's how we rolled.
(In Photo: Mike Stanley)
Back then, I edited this video, and I recently just found it, ON VHS. Again, it was 1993 and it was the Showalter era and there were guys on the Yankees that you all remember... Danny Tartabull, Bob Wickman, Steve Farr, Paul O'Neill, Mike Stanley, Bernie Williams, Spike Owen, Wade Boggs, Dion James and of course, Don Mattingly.



I came across the video the other day and realized I needed to post it. Sure, It's not perfect, there's a terrible hum in the audio and the video is alittle muddy, but these are our New York Yankees, in another time. The 1993 Yankees finished in second place that year behind the Toronto Blue Jays. Standing are HERE.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. If you like it, share it and comment. It's kind of fun.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017