Saturday, February 4, 2012

WHY SCHILLING PICKED THE YANKS TO BENEFIT HIMSELF

You want to make headlines to promote something you're working on? Say something that no one would believe you would say, and you'll snag publicity. I fell for it, sure, but I'm doing it to make a point. Curt Schilling doesn't really think the Yankees are a great team, he hates the Yankees. No... he has another motive, promoting his 38 Studios thing.

The Post's Anthony Sulla-Heffinger writes HERE, that Curt Schilling said this about the New York Yankees:

"I can’t bet against the Yankees right now, especially after doing the [Pineda] trade," Schilling said Tuesday. "Right now, I would go with [the Yankees]. The Red Sox will have to see how (Carl) Crawford comes back."

But what wasn't in the article, but instead in an article printed later from the same day, February 1st, Schilling talked about his newly founded company called 38 Studios and his new game called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:

The Providence-based company will release its first game next week, titled Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. For Schilling and 38 Studios, Reckoning’s release represents more than just a title they hope will fly off the shelves.

Schilling himself says the influence of other titles have shaped parts of Reckoning, but ultimately, the game is a unique experience.

“I’ve said in the past that it’s God of War meets Oblivion, but you will see 10-12 different titles in this, there is the DNA of your favorite games in this,” Schilling told The Post. “I believe this game is first ever of its kind. Once you start playing, you will start to see depth and breadth.”

The full piece is HERE. Odd right? Am I mad at anyone for feeling duped? No, I just wanted to point something out. Curt Schilling doesn't care about the Yankees, that Yankees headline:Yankees best in the East, Schilling says was a provocative headline, nothing more. New York fans I suspect are supposed to feel happy Schilling said that about our mighty Yankees and then later turn the other cheek and go out to the store and buy his game. Do I think it's worth buying Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Look, I'm a gamer, and I love to play, but let's be honest; since I've had kids, I have a tendency to buy games and they sit on the wrapper on a shelf and I play them for 5 minutes, 3 years later and then sell them. If I had to choose whether or not to purchase this game based on my current "lack" of gaming and the fact that I DON'T care for Curt Schilling and his ketchup soaked sock...I'd personally pass... what who am I to tell you what to do.

I just thought this whole chain of events was interesting... my opinion of course.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017