Saturday, March 3, 2012

WHY THE FALL OF BRIEN TAYLOR IS A DAMN SHAME

I remember when the Yankees signed Brien Taylor years ago and at the time he was supposed to be the real thing and for a while in the minor leagues he was. Much like when I snatched up as many Derek Jeter cards as I could when Jeter was signed, I did the same with Brien Taylor before him and I have dozens of Taylor's rookie cards still today. But after Taylor got hurt in a fist fight (Read HERE) and never could pitch the same, that signing bonus worth $1.55 Million just didn’t pan out. It turned out to be a waste and in turn, so did Brien Taylor and those rookie cards are not worth pennies. And once it was over, it was over…sadly.

At that point, there are 2 things you do in life, you try and get back on track or you fall off. Taylor fell off and yesterday it was reported HERE that he was arrested on a whole slew of drug charges, cocaine trafficking, drug possession, trafficking in cocaine for manufacture, the list goes on, I’m not going to pile on, you get the idea.

It’s sad. I could sit here and tell you that drugs is wrong and not to do them, because it’s obvious, but I’m not. All you need to do is look at Brien Taylor’s mug shot. It’s a damn mess and money too young I feel like crept in and destroyed this kid...now man. I wonder what would have happened if that fight never took place, but what would that do, what’s done is done.

Currently Taylor was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $275,000 bond. The whole thing's a mess and I really don’t have much to say about this but I feel for his family right now. I just wanted to bring this to your attention, it’s out there, you can read about it, but some of you are my age and you too remember the buzz… it was huge and just as fast as you snap your fingers.. it was gone.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017