Friday, March 2, 2012

WHY I LOVE WHEN GUYS LIKE KURODA PROVE ME WRONG

Guess who's impressing people at camp? Hiroki Kuroda. This comes from Adam Berry at MLB.com... read about it HERE. Look, you knew my stance all winter about Kuroda, I was against it. I was against signing Kuroda, UNLESS, we had signed someone else. We did... Michael Pineda and then suddenly, the Kuroda signing was a good idea. But, I wasn't totally sold and I wrote about it in WHY KURODA'S THE YANKEES WILD CARD.
Now comes word for Yankees camp that Kuroda's "impressing" some at camp and dammit, you know I love hearing stuff like that. As Berry says:

"Kuroda threw a "very impressive" bullpen session Thursday morning, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said, and the club is excited about what Kuroda brings to the table. Girardi often mentions Kuroda's veteran presence as well as his impressive stuff that covers both sides of the plate. He's already pitched in a big market with the Dodgers, too, so the pressure of playing in New York shouldn't be especially overwhelming."

The other part of this equation was something that I never even thought about until I read Berry's piece...and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it, it's obvious; Kuroda used to throw to Russell Martin in Los Angeles, and now, he's doing it again. Comfort level is good, especially coming from the Dodgers to someplace like the Yankees. Any way you can work out the kinks and feel comfortable, that's a good thing and I'm happy for Kuroda.

Right now Kuroda is scheduled to pitch his first Spring Training game on March 7th. That's next week. The games at 1:05pm on YES and the Yanks are playing the Tampa Bay Rays. Bring it on, baby, bring it on.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017