Thursday, July 12, 2012

ROYALS FANS BLAST BYB FOR OUR BILLY BUTLER POST

Look, who wants to fight? Not I. All I wrote in my piece WARNING TO BILLY BUTLER, YANKEE FANS NEVER FORGET was that because of the silly actions by Kansas City Royals fans toward Robinson Cano (read HERE), the booing for 2 days straight, it's clear to me that the obvious payback is a loud Bronx cheer when Billy Butler walks into the batter's box next season. Why is everyone taking this so personally? That doesn't even sound violent, it sounds like Yankee fans wanting the last word. Everyone chill.

I was on Royals Review today, a site I recommend, I read it once in a while and today I was curious so I went on it and of course, they decided to post my story just to rile up the KC fans more. It makes sense I guess, I'm a Yankee fan, they aren't. We clearly have different points of view, but the comments were interesting and I'd thought we'd break them down.

Jack Marsh ask this one above..."WHAT DID BUTLER DO? THEY'RE ACTING LIKE HE DEFACED THE GRAVE OF GEORGE STEINBRENNER OR SOMETHING." Yeah, that's interesting, what did Robinson Cano do? Not pick Golden Boy Butler? Get over it.

I was pretty clear in my piece that Butler is a great ballplayer and I even voted for him for the All-Star team, I like him, but much like you're asking about Butler and what did he do? I'm asking, What did Cano REALLY do? Nothing but choose the players he thought should be in the Home Run Derby. Should Cano have been more political and chose Butler because they competed in Kauffman stadium? Maybe, but he didn't. It's baseball, it's not a life or death situation. Here's another good one:

Retaliation? Craig, never did I ever say that Billy Butler deserved to be retaliated against. I said booed. BOO! BOO!, like when Butler walked to the plate. Not throw batteries, not hit him with a 90 mph heater...booed! No where did I say that Billy Bulter was going to be thrown at, why would I?

This one from Rufus is my favorite. No, I'm sorry, I don't have a whiny woman's voice and all New Yorkers are not schmucks. You don't sound very intelligent in this comment for the record, but I guess that's what happens when you go on your favorite baseball blogs and "talk trash". I would have had more respect if you just commented on BYB.

Then Craig Scholes had to comment on BYB as well. I have alot of respect for anyone that comments on BYB. That means they want to at least join the conversation. As long as it's not nasty, you gain points in my eyes. After Royals Review, Craig commented on BYB:

As I told Craig Scholes in our comments, whomever "allegedly" spit on Cliff Lee's wife is a knucklehead. That was a small group of fans who do not represent all Yankee fans...if it happened at all. You can't compare it and it shouldn't have been part of this discussion, it's silly to bring up, but as I've stated, I liked that Craig commented on BYB. Thank you.

Look, I didn't post this tonight so everyone on Bleeding Yankee Blue can go out and write stupid comments on Royals Review and be nasty. Keep it clean, I wanted to make you aware that it's out there. If you comment, be smart, be intelligent, and have a dialog, it's better that way. Bottom line, there is no hate toward KC fans or Billy Butler. I respect all fans and all ballplayers, that's it.

To all you KC Fans, thanks for reading us, we appreciate it and to Royals Review, thanks for giving us a plug, even though you don't agree. We appreciate that as well.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017