Monday, November 5, 2012

AROUND MLB RIGHT THIS MOMENT

Josh Hamilton: Free Agent Josh Hamilton wants 7 years, $175 million. That comes from the Dallas Morning News, HERE.  I cannot believe that.  I thought I read that wrong.  In this day and age, and looking at Hamilton's health every year, you really have to wonder if any team will go that big for him.  I know, he's productive at the plate, but he's not a great fielder and I wonder if he's just high balling just to get a more reasonable number or if he really thinks he's worth that.  We shall see, he's clearly one of the best free agents out there this off season.  But my goodness...

Bartolo Colon: The Oakland Athletics have signed Colon to a 1 year deal. According to the San Francisco Chronicle (Read HERE), "Colon, who will turn 40 in May, must serve the final five games of the suspension next season. Despite Colon's age and his suspension, the A's will pay him $3 million next year, and an incentives package could push the deal to between $5 million and $6 million - including provisions in the event that Colon pitches in relief."

Cody Ross: The Red Sox had exclusive rights to negotiate and possibly resign Cody Ross and, like Robert DeNiro said in Copland, they "Blew it!" According to WEEI (read HERE), Ross said "that he and the Red Sox never closed in on a potential deal leading up to the end of the period allowing the Sox exclusive negotiating rights.  'It hasn’t been really what I would say close,' said Ross. Ross said his agent, Mike Milchin, received calls from “multiple teams” after the midnight deadline expired Friday night expressing interest in the 31 year-old. It’s a dynamic that has altered Ross’ mindset heading into the rest of the off season." I'd be curious to see if the Yankees are one of those teams.

Dan Haren: According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, read HERE, the Red Sox were looking at Haren for Alfredo Aceves plus more, but now with Haren becoming a free agent, I believe the Sox will be aggressive trying to sign Haren. I'll tell you, having Haren on the Sox, a division rival, would boost their credibility a bit after their lousy 2012.  I know many of you are down on Haren, but I think he could do some damage... it's just my gut acting up.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017