Saturday, November 17, 2012

STANTON: "I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL"

Great reporting by Peter Gammons HERE, although you have to wonder if after this interview with Giancarlo Stanton, he wasn't trying to recruit Stanton to play for the Red Sox.  I kid. I kid... maybe. Anyway, this is what Stanton told Gammons about this whole mess in Miami.

“I do not like this at all... This is the ‘winning philosophy?’ Then to say it’s not about money? What is the motivation? There comes a breaking point. I know how I feel. I can’t imagine how the city and the fans feel.”
 

“Jose, Bonifacio, Hanley … all three are gone now. I had people warn me that something like this could happen, but it runs against the competitive nature every athlete has, that nature that everything is about winning. This kind of thing is what gets talked about all the time around this team. Former Marlins come back and they warn us. It gets talked about during the stretch, in the clubhouse, after games, on the road. Again, I do not like this at all.”

So, if former Marlins are warning current players that something could happen, and if fans are pissed and the Marlins star player is pissed, plus, you couple that with guys like Yoenis Cespedes and Albert Pujols both meeting with the Marlins last season and then darting for the West Coast... something or someone looks real bad in Miami.
Where's Crockett & Tubbs when you need them?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017