Friday, November 23, 2012

YANKEES EYEING PETTITTE'S RETURN

Joel Sherman of the New York Post says that the Yankees believe that Andy will return next season. Read his tweet HERE.  Look, I think many of us believe Andy Pettitte will return, but there is always that chance that being home this offseason brings that feeling of wanting to stick around with the family again.  The talk is Andy would want more money to return next year, perhaps a raise on top of the $2.5 million he made last year.  Will he get it? I think so.  I mean sure, the guy busted an ankle last year, but that wasn't his fault, it was a freak thing.  Truth be told, he did OK last year with his 5-4 record, and that 2.87 ERA was great.

And you can attach this tweet to the "Pettitte will return" side of the story as well.  A friend of Andy Pettitte told Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.com (HERE) that Andy won't make his decision until the end of next week.  

Hey look, my barber is a huge Yankee fan and he says that Andy Pettitte will pitch next year.  My mom thinks Andy's going to hang it up and retire.  The point is, no one truly knows, except Andy... but if I trusted my own instincts, I really and truly believe that Andy will come back next season.  Next season will also be the last one Andy ever pitches in the major leagues.  I believe that.
For the record, he's not the only one... Mariano Rivera will do the same. Much like Andy, Mariano has unfinished business and 2013 will be his farewell tour.

2013 will be a bittersweet season for Yankee fans.  Much like every year, we'll be rooting hard for them to win the whole damn thing, but we know the end is near, for Andy, for Mariano and for us to see them take the field.  But I'm getting way ahead of myself... First we need to sign Andy.

So we wait. Yes, the Yankees are confident Andy will return, but so is my barber... Stay tuned, we'll just have to wait and see.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017