Sunday, December 9, 2012

DODGERS SIGN HYUN-JIN RYU. NEXT UP? ANYONE THEY WANT

Who can't the Los Angeles Dodgers sign right now? Magic Johnson is Don Mattingly's angel because they have done it again.  The latest is the Dodgers just signed South Korean lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu to a 6 year, $36 million contract.  That is coming from CBS Sports.com's Jon Heyman HERE and HERE from Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.

I'm not sure why any Yankee fan would care, but I guess it's just a satisfying reminder of what the Yankees used to do when we had a few bucks.  I have no problem with the Dodgers collecting players as they push toward a common goal in baseball... put the players on the field you think are the best to win it all for your club.
Most of all, I smile when I think about Donnie Baseball heading the team.  While I want my Yankees to be champions again, I can't help but want to root for Donnie... this is good thing for the Dodgers. 
(In Photo: Clayton Kershaw)
The Dodgers now have a rotation of Clayton Kershaw, Zack Greinke, Josh Beckett, Chad Billingsley, Chris Capuano, Ted Lilly and Aaron Harang and now they add Ryu... Stockpiling arms... holy crap.  You have to wonder who's about to be shipped off to make room in that rotation...maybe a Ted Lilly? A New York Yankee reunion maybe? I'm kidding... I guess I'm just blah right now...

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017