Friday, February 22, 2013

GARDNER & GRANDERSON GO VICE VERSA

There was once a movie called Vice Versa starring Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage back in 1988 when I was a teenager. I just thought about it today and it was comforting. It was a silly movie about a father and son who switch places and then understand each others roles in life.  That's Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson... kind of.

In Pete Caldera's piece titled Yankees Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson will flip positions for camp, he writes:

"Yankees brass finally has determined that a switch is in order, with Gardner the better choice in center. That means sliding Granderson over to left field – a position he hasn’t started a major league game at since 2005.

But the change won’t become official until manager Joe Girardi sees how the new alignment plays out in exhibition games.


'I think it has a chance to help us a little bit, but I’m not really sure,' Girardi said Thursday. 'I’m not saying today that this is what it’s going to be opening day.' Granderson bears the greatest impact of this decision, and his preference is plain.

'I’d love to play center, that’s where I’ve been playing,' Granderson said. 'At the same time, I want to play in general. So, no matter where it happens to be, that’s where I want to be at.'" Caldera's full piece is HERE.

Look, this is a test this Spring.... this is only a test, but all indictations are that come Opening Day, Brett Gardner could in fact be the Yankees steady center fielder.  I appreciate both guys out there, but I think Gardy is a smart choice for center. He can cover alot of ground. I know in the end if Gardy is officially chosen, Granderson, the Gentleman as I call him, will just do whatever is best for the team... that's what I love about that guy.

We'll let you know what else happens with all of this. Keep checking back here at BYB.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017