Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LESS MO, MORE PROBLEMS?

I fear the end of the Mariano Rivera era is near. 

Andrew Marchand of ESPN tweeted his piece Mo's farewell tour HERE alittle while ago and in it wrote:

"The guess here is this is it for Rivera. I have felt for a while that this would be it."

It makes sense to me, and you guys know I rarely agree with Marchand.  I do respect him though and he makes perfect sense.  Mariano said of his decision:

"There are some things that I have to do... There are some [personal things]. Don't worry, the time will come. You guys have been patient enough. I've been patient. Another day or a week, it won't hurt." Full piece HERE.

Look, reading that quote, I sense the end is near and if it is, God bless him, he's given us so much.  If he returns in 2014, I welcome it, but the guy's human, not a robot and sooner or later, enough may be enough.

That being said, think about it this way, we've been graced with the presence of one of the greatest groups of farm bred Yankees ever in Mariano, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada and Bernie Williams and we should cherish every inning this season. I know I will.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017