Sunday, February 24, 2013

SOMETHING STINKS

 Let me ask you a question.  You stand out on the mound in the 2004 ALCS against the Yankees.  You attract as much attention as possible to what looks like blood on the ankle portion your sock and then your team wins the game with world staring at you "hurting" and "battling" through a Championship series that your team was about to lose a few days earlier.  When the games over, if it was really that dramatic and intense... are you throwing that bloody sock away? Even if it wasn't for auction, but for yourself.  You don't.  You put it in a plastic bag and 2 years, or 5 years or 7 years later you just take it out once in a while to look at.  Why? I'll tell you why... because the Boston Red Sox hadn't won a championship in 80 + years... and now they did, and you were apart of that history.  Something just ain't right.

This post isn't about the auction, I don't care about that. I want to know what why I am now hearing that the Schilling sock that was in the Hall of Fame and the sock that did the whole "US tour", wasn't the real sock at all.  Drew Silva of Hardball Talk had his piece HERE writing about the auction that took place for Curt Schilling's sock.  But the sock WASN'T the sock that was worn in the 2004 ALCS, it was the sock worn in Game 2 of the World Series against the Cardinals.  

According to Silva  "Schilling says he threw that Game 6 bloody sock into the trash at Yankee Stadium."  Is that true? Then what the hell have we been looking at all these years? Now look... to me, that's not only suspicious, it's weird. 

The alternate sock sold for $92,613. 

It goes back to my theory that that stupid sock was nothing more than a publicity stunt soaked in ketchup.  Sure, maybe I'm wrong... but I doubt it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017