Wednesday, November 20, 2013

AROD'S MESSAGE TO MANFRED: "YOU'RE FULL OF SHIP!"


We all know he didn't say "Ship." Clearly, it's game on!

As day 12 of the Alex Rodriguez arbitration hearings rolled out it seems he may have taken issue with some of arbitrator Fredric Horowitz rulings.

According to ESPN (HERE), ARod storm off but not before giving them a piece of his mind. Horowitz ruled that MLB Commissioner Bud Selig would not have to testify, at which point ARod decided he had enough, and had a few choice words for everyone involved, including MLB's COO Rob Manfred.


"This is ridiculous!" Rodriguez is said to have shouted after Horowitz issued his ruling shortly before noon. 

Rodriguez the pointed a finger at Manfred, who directed baseball's investigation into the Biogenesis clinic suspected of being a source of illegal PEDs for ballplayers, and said "You know you're full of shit!"

And boom goes the dynamite! ARod later released a statement through his spokesperson.

"I am disgusted with this abusive process, designed to ensure that the player fails. I have sat through 10 days of testimony by felons and liars, sitting quietly through every minute, trying to respect the league and the process. This morning, after Bud Selig refused to come in and testify about his rationale for the unprecedented and totally baseless punishment he hit me with, the arbitrator selected by MLB and the players' association refused to order Selig to come in and face me. 

The absurdity and injustice just became too much. I walked out and will not participate any further in this farce."


I get it. I also think it is ridiculous that Selig should not have to testify. Are we all just supposed to pretend that Selig isn't the biggest piece of the PED problem? Are we supposed to pretend that he didn't allow it to continue, so long as it benefited him in some way? And that this entire thing isn't a last hurrah for him? A way for him to retire savior of the MLB? Horowitz didn't do the right thing here. Yes, it is an absurdity and an injustice to the entire process.


But I am not the one on trial. Look, I don't know ARod personally, but I do know that if someone pisses me off and does something that is absolutely ludicrous to me, I do not storm out, I do not curse them out. I lace up my big girl boots and prove them wrong. Simple. My advice to ARod is, if you are innocent, get your ass in those MLB offices and submit to the pre-interview process. Walk back into those hearings, apologize for your outburst, and grin and bare it, until it is your turn to testify. Now is not the time to allow your emotions to get the better of you.  Otherwise... well otherwise I cannot help but feel like maybe there is some guilt there.

As always, BYB will keep you in the loop with all the latest ARod hullabaloo.



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer
Twitter: @e_morales1804




The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017