Wednesday, April 16, 2014

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON


Here's a great nugget that I wanted to share with you all. Many have probably missed it.  Mariano Rivera Jr. is headed to New Hampshire to take the mound for a collegiate summer program.  He'll be pitching just like his old man, Mariano Rivera. Gotta love that.

According to the Bergen Record:

"Mariano Rivera Jr. will join the Laconia Muskrats this summer, part of the 12-team New England Collegiate Baseball League. He’s a right-hander, like his dad." 


 In an interview with New Hampsire Public Radio, Mariano Jr said:

"I like to be my own guy... People would always look at me like, ‘That’s Rivera’s son, he must be amazing.’ It was hard because people have such high expectations, and if I didn’t perform to those standards, I felt like I let everyone down. But now I work to my abilities. If I get called to pitch, I’m going to do the best that I can.”

That article also says: 


"Playing for the Laconia Muskrats could improve the college sophomore’s chances. More than 70 percent of NECBL players go on to play some professional baseball.

When Rivera comes to New Hampshire this summer, he’ll play his home games at an idyllic little facility called the Robbie Mills Sports Complex."

If you live near there, I would hope you go out and see this new kid, also nicknamed "Mo".  I already love this kid's attitude. I wish him the best.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017