Saturday, April 19, 2014

WHEN GOOD FRIDAY TURNS BAD

The Yankees had it in the bag.  My title was going to simply be "Good Friday". But then the Rays started to rally and the Yankee pitching started to implode. That started to get me annoyed... and by the 8th... I went to sleep. Bah!


The Yanks scored 4 in the 2nd. Scott Sizemore doubled scoring 3 runs... Brian McCann, Yangervis Solarte and Kelly Johnson. Shortly after, Brett Gardner grounded into a force out, but made it to first... Sizemore then scored.


Hiroki Kuroda pitched 5.2 innings, giving up 3 runs and 3 hits. He struck out 2. Once he left, David Phelps gave up a run, so did Matt Thornton, but then Adam Warren shit the bed, and with it, 4 hits and 3 runs in 1 inning of work for him.


Trust me, he wasn't the only one. Lefty Cesar Cabral and his 27.00 ERA gave up 3 more runs, and by then, it was way out of reach. 

Now you can blame pitching for the implosion last night, and I would too. You can't hand a lead to the pen and then let them give it up like they did last night, but this gang of guys is un-tested and it was almost a scenario of "I told ya so" as I'm watching guys like Warren and Cabral just show no authority on the mound. Now, truth be told, I'm not an Adam Warren guy.  I never have been and I know I'm in the minority. I also don't normally like to blast these kids after just 1 outing, but I want to make it clear that while I don't hate the guy because of this 1 game, I've never really felt good about him there.  That being said, Warren's been great for us this season....I'm just not a fan. Sorry, my opinion. Hopefully he proves me wrong...I like being proven wrong when it comes to the Yankees.


One thing you need to give credit to and that's the Rays scoring. They stayed in the game and kept running the bases all night. Ever inning they knocked in at least 1 run.  That's called chipping away. You do that and big things happen.  It made my Friday "bad"... but for fans in Tampa... it truly was Good Friday.

Final last night: Rays 11 - Yankees 5.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017