Thursday, July 17, 2014

BUSTER OLNEY IS OUT OF IDEAS


I don’t know whether to be flattered or offended.

OK, I’m offended.

Today (Thursday) at roughly 6:40am Buster Olney of ESPN tweeted:
Great idea Buster!  Only, it was one I wrote about here on BYB YESTERDAY.

You are SO 24 hours ago. Here's what I wrote ladies and gentlemen:

"My proposal is this: let MLB take a lesson from the Academy Awards.  Each year during its annual Oscars ceremony, the Academy takes time out to honor those that have passed over the previous year.  The segment is done tastefully and gives each name a proper honor."

Really Buster? REALLY? While I truly do appreciate someone with a following of 913,000 on Twitter communicating what I said nearly word-for-word -YESTERDAY -to his lemmings, I lose whatever respect I had (a smidgen) for that person when they fail to give credit where it’s due.

Look, I realize that BYB might be considered small potatoes in comparison to the mighty worldwide sports leader ESPN, but wouldn’t you garner more respect by recognizing the little guy?

You keep yourself above the rest, that’s how you maintain a better-than-the-average-joe reputation.  If you don’t, you end up losing trust by those that look to you as a source.

(In Photo: Buster Olney with egg on his face. Buster was not hurt in this exercise)
Again, thanks for promoting the idea I wrote about.  I do think it’s a good one that MLB should employ as early as the next All-Star game.  My only recommendation would be to next time either link to the source of the idea, or come up with one of your own.

By the way, shout out to Greedy Pinstripes for passing this along.
We compete against each other, but we also know right from wrong. Good on ya!



    

--Steve Skinner, BYB Writer
Twitter: @oswegos1


 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017