Friday, August 29, 2014

JESUS MONTERO DOESN'T LIKE FAT JOKES

Great and bizarre story out of Marinerland involving Jesus Montero.


 Milb.com's Tyler Maun writes:

"...Montero was involved in an altercation during short-season Everett's game at Boise on Thursday. The first baseman exchanged words with a Mariners cross-checker and reportedly had to be physically restrained while attempting to enter the stands with a bat during the argument... the unidentified cross-checker yelled at him to hustle off the field, according to Boise official scorer Liza Safford. Montero then headed to the AquaSox dugout on the third-base side. According to a game offical, the cross-checker then ordered an ice cream sandwich and had it sent to Montero in the dugout...The official said Montero...approached the stands with a bat while screaming profanities and threw the sandwich at the cross-checker. Montero had to be pulled back from the stands by Everett pitching coach Nasusel Cabrera, Safford said.


Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik told the Seattle Times late Thursday night, 'I am aware of the incident in Boise. We are currently in the process of gathering information, but until I have all the details, I cannot comment.'"

Now, it's not like you need my opinion on this... but this is BYB, so I'll give it. I hate fat jokes, I feel like they offer nothing but a person feeling bad about themselves. That being said, sometimes you need to finish what someone started.

I don't think I'd follow the heckler back into the stands, there's no way I would.  I would however meet him in the parking lot and have a face to face discussion with him, because lord knows that heckler wouldn't have expected it, and it would at least scare the shit out of him. I'd probably sign a ball and give it to the guy as well.  It would soften the blow and maybe then there could be a laugh.


Now Montero is on high alert as being considered a bully, and this cross checker can just spew whatever crap he wants.

The story needs to be reported... but the whole thing is ridiculous.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017