Sunday, October 19, 2014

BRIAN ROBERTS DID SOMETHING IMPORTANT


Well, as careers go, sometimes you just know when it's time to end one.  Brian Roberts has in fact understood that maybe he couldn't play anymore... and so... he retired from baseball after 14 seasons.

According to ESPN:

" Brian Roberts, who played all but one season of his 14-year major league career with the Baltimore Orioles, confirmed Friday that he is retiring.

'It was just kind of my time,' Roberts told the Baltimore Sun. 'There were numerous reasons that I felt like I couldn't play at a level that I was accustomed to and wanted to play at if I continued to play. I always said that I wasn't going to be the guy that tried to hang on as long as I could.'

Roberts signed with the New York Yankees in 2014, but was released in August after hitting .237 in 91 games."

Truth be told, I was pulling for Roberts as a Yankee, I was hoping his veteran status could help the club, but it was clear, his playing ability was lacking.


My only signfiicant memory of playing against Roberts was when he busted his arm in a collision with Bubba Crosby back in 2005. I have always felt like he never truly recovered from that... that's probably me just talking out loud right now...

Brian Roberts will forever be an Oriole, not a Yankee... and that's OK. He had a decent career. Whatever the case, I wish Roberts well.  He's a good dude and I know for a fact, speaking to players about him, that he was great teammate too.

Good luck to Brian Roberts, from BYB.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017