Monday, April 13, 2015

CHANTING "DER-EK JET-ER" AT DIDI? SHAME ON ALL Y'ALL!


Didi Gregorius is having a slow start in a new uniform and following the greatest shortstop of our time.  And so, some Yankee fans are out there chanting, 'Der-ek Jet-er' at this young man. My question is this... Are you kidding me?  What a bunch of crap.

I was reading the New York Post.  It reads:

"The 'Der-ek Jet-er' chants weren’t booming, but Didi Gregorius heard them. In fact, the new Yankees shortstop heard them a few times this week.

He’s responded the same way each time.

'I just laugh, there’s nothing I can do,' he said. 'Just got to play the game. That’s all I can do.'

The 25-year-old middle infielder has gotten off to a slow start, on the field, at the plate, and on the bases."

You wanna kill a dude's confidence before we've even started? Make him believe he can't impress you because you miss the anointed one.  Didi Gregorius is what he is, a decent shortstop with alot of upside.  He is not Derek Jeter.  The fact that fans would chant that just proves to me that you're stuck in the past.  Hey, this is a new Yankee team. Get over yourself.


Let Didi play.  Let him play HIS game and support the guy... back this guy. Didi will shine for us, but not if we continue to remind him that Jeter played at short before him. Trust me, he knows. Jeez...


I don't hear any 'Paul O-Neill' chants when Carlos Beltran walks to the plate.  You might as well be consistent for crying out loud.



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017