Saturday, April 18, 2015

YOU SAY TEIXEIRA, I SAY O'HARA


Dear Mark Teixeira Fans,

I want to start by saying that I am in no way your enemy.  I like ya!  I dig your steadfast support of our newly gluten free clean up hitter.  You stand up for your guy and I respect you for it.  However, I also admire my young nieces and nephews for their die hard belief and defense of Santa Claus to those rotten kids trying to spread the insane rumor that it’s actually your Mom and Dad who put the presents under the tree on Christmas Eve!  I mean that is OUTRAGEOUS!  


Tex has 3 home runs on the young season!  He is back to his old self!  No more questions about his heart or contract!  This guy is the real deal and I’m way, way off base to even bring into question anything about Mark’s game…or new diet.  That’s your overall point yes?

Recently I was accused of whining about Teixeira.  Whining?  No, I wasn’t and am not whining.  I have been tough on Tex, there is no denying that.  I will tell you wonderful folks again that it is not personal.  I don’t know #25 at all.  How could it possibly be personal?  I have heard that he is a really nice guy and a big Mattingly fan.  That is great to hear.  There’s nothing worse than a .214 hitting jerk, am I right?  I, like all of you, was very happy to see him take those pitches over the wall during the past week.  That’s super duper stuff!  I feel for Mark having to dig and dive for what seems like EVERY routine throw from Didi.  I mean Tex is fragile!  Doesn’t Jeter’s replacement get that?


I have made mention that if Mark does in fact turn last year’s forgettable season around…or even make this one notably better, I will post an apology to him, you loyal “Texians” and his extended family.  I promise.  I will.  No question.  

I wish Mark and all of you the very best.  We are ALL Yankee fans at the end of the day.  If Tex succeeds the team benefits and who wouldn’t want that?


Now, if you’ll excuse me I need to write THE TOTALLY REAL Santa and let him know that this Christmas I want a Greg Bird jersey.


Sincerely Yours in Yankee Blue,

Michael J. O’Hara
Chairman of The Greg Bird Fan Club
The Bird’s Nest
1 161st Street & Rivera Ave
Ste. #21
Bronx, NY 10451


  
--Mike O'Hara
Senior "Features" Writer
Twitter: @mikeyoh21




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017