Tuesday, July 7, 2015

HEY ROBINSON CANO... 'NO EXCUSES'

Harsh headline... maybe I'm just not over him leaving.


Interesting story coming from USA Today.  It involves Robinson Cano and why he's not having a very good season, or, for that matter, why he isn't having a very good time in Seattle.

"...Cano is lugging a .248 batting average with a mere five homers and 27 RBI. His on-base plus slugging percentage mark of .652 is nearly 200 points below his career norm of .847, and just about all his hitting numbers have dwindled...

Cano, 32, said he was especially reluctant to talk about the stomach problem because it might be perceived as making excuses for his poor performance. Nobody likes to hear excuses from a player earning $24 million a year.

If nothing else, though, his revelation sheds light on the challenges that come with playing at the elite level Cano established for the majority of his previous 10 seasons.


'It still affects me,' Cano said. "Sometimes you drink water and it makes you feel like vomiting. I can't eat the same way I did. It's hard to deal with, especially being the first time this has happened to me. Sometimes I eat only once a day before playing, because I feel full. And you just don't have the same energy.'"

Now my buddy read it and texted me and said, "This is just an excuse story.  The guy's having a terrible time, a terrible season out there and he's offering excuses.  I mean HOW DO WE REALLY KNOW HE'S GOT A STOMACH ISSUE?"  It's a New Yorker who is skeptical... I get it.  From a fan perspective, he's right... we don't know and he could be right about Cano.  He could be making excuses from his crappy play.  Don't forget, we recently wrote about how Cano just isn't jazzed about Seattle in DUMB & LONELY IN SEATTLE. It all seems to tie in together in some way.


Look... I don't know what the truth is. I don't know the seriousness of it, if at all.  We're bringing you all sides here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.  I just keep thinking about my Little League coach back in the 80's who looked at my friend, our shortstop at the time, after he missed a ball because his shoe was untied and tripped.  "No Excuses," he said.  'No Excuses'.

Major League Baseball players make millions of dollars each year.  You gotta wonder if "No Excuses" is relevant here.... just sayin'.

Take it for what it is... but we all know what it is.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017