Saturday, August 22, 2015

JORGE GETS HIS DAY... AND HE SHOULD


Today unfolded like it was always supposed to happen.  Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Derek Jeter and Bernie Williams helped honor Jorge Posada.  All back together again, and it was beautiful.

Now, I'm treating this post as a news story.  Erica Morales is at Yankee Stadium today and will give you the true play by play of how it all went down for the Posada Family today.  I just wanted to remind you... it happened... and it was glorious.

The Daily News writes: "...Jorge Posada delivered an emotional speech Saturday afternoon when his No. 20 jersey was retired by the Yankees and he got a plaque in Monument Park.

'I can’t believe I’m standing here right now,' Posada told the crowd before the game between the Yankees and Indians. 'Trying to put into words the feelings and emotions of this day is tough. I was born passionate about baseball and the New York Yankees. Being here seems surreal...'”


There were plenty more great and emotional moments, but I'll leave that to Erica Morales. Look for it soon.  I just wanted to let you know, in case you live under a rock, that #20 has been retired by the New York Yankees. A fierce, passionate competitor, Jorge Posada deserves it.  I applaud him.  He's a role model.  I also tip my cap to Laura and the kids.  It's tough being a ballplayer's family.  You don't get to see your dad a lot.  There's frustration, sadness when a team loses. But when you win, there's great moments too.  It's a rollercoaster of emotions, but this day well deserved.

Congrats Jorge.  You did it your way, and I was quite fond of it.  Bravo sir.  

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017