Sunday, November 29, 2015

"BRYCE HARPER LOOKS LIKE A FUTURE YANKEE FROM HERE"


I know, it's a crazy quote, but it's an interesting nugget, ain't it?  I usually don't take stock in what Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has to say, but I did like the following sentence in his piece:

"NL MVP Bryce Harper looks like a future Yankee from here."


It's a float job and it will get clicks and that's what he wants and he bases it on absolutely no inside baseball.  It's just a statement to see what traction he can get on it.  I bit... DAMN YOU HEYMAN!

Here's the reality though... we've been there too.  We wrote about Harper coming to the Yankees years ago (2011) here on Bleeding Yankee Blue and all I wanted to do was re-share that story titled: WHY BRYCE HARPER COULD BE A YANKEE and share a few quotes from our piece and suggest... we see Harper on the Yankees 1 day too:


"Perhaps I'm going a little too far into the future, but while flipping through some baseball news, I happened to find this article from June 2009 from The Star Ledger, read it HERE. In it, Michael Fensom writes: "Harper says one of his dreams is to one day wear Yankees pinstripes."

Now, anytime I hear a young baseball phenom say the Yankees are his dream team, I immediately picture him in pinstripes. Bryce Harper grew up idolizing the Core Four, he celebrated the '96-'00 dynasty wins at a young age, and apparently nothing has changed in his life. There's little doubt in mind that it's only a matter of time before Bryce Harper joins the endless list of Yankees greats..."


A few can play at that game.

Carry on...



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017