Sunday, November 15, 2015

ROBINSON'S RETURN?


NOT BLOODY LIKELY! Come on.  Please. Let’s not do this one.  Robinson Cano is gone like Tuesday in the Lynyrd Skynyrd song! He isn’t coming back.  Yes! The Yankees need a big bat and it would be great to have a slick fielding 2nd baseman to boot…but it won’t be Cano.


Even if Seattle ate his whole contract (WHICH THEY WILL NOT) Robinson is not going to be back in the Bronx in the home pinstripes.

(In Photo: Aaron Hicks)
What is happening in the Yankee Universe?  Cash shipped Murph for a platoon outfielder.  Okay, I’m not sold on that one yet.  I take it as a slight against the Irish…I’m kidding…kind of.  And he sent Pirela to Southern California to be covered by Champ Kind.  Not a huge loss there.


Jose was good…not great.  Why did Brian do these things?  I don’t know.  Maybe he doesn’t like Jose and John Ryan much, and thought he would send them packing to show them he’s the big dog in the yard.  Maybe he had a lousy lunch and took it out on two back ups.  Maybe he couldn’t access his Fan Duel account and decided to make a trade out of boredom.  Like I said, I DON’T KNOW WHY.  Is it because he has a grand plan to trade Gardy, Miller and possibly Jacoby to reunite with a Jay Z client who never felt “The Love” from the New York Yankees?  I seriously doubt it.


Cano’s deal in the Emerald City is EXACTLY like most of us thought it’d be.  He makes a lot of money, he plays in an unfriendly for Hitters Park, he had a mysterious food allergy (OK, I didn’t see that one coming) and he has stopped the organization from doing anything else…and they have to pay him until he is 41.  Brilliant!

The Creatures BOOED him.  Yankee fans turned their backs, and rightly so, after that “No Love” nonsense.  Robbie is a great baseball player, with a 2-cent head and starry eyes.  He’d rather be the Jay Z client making random appearances at the Grammies then the next Yankee Great.  That’s it.  There is no more to his story.  I don’t dislike Cano.  I thought he was an amazing player for the Bombers, but those days are over now.  He is Seattle’s 2nd baseman and will be for a while…or at least until picking up the tab on his deal becomes more digestible.

I am all for another Robbie to play 2nd next year.  Give Ref a real shot.  Yeah, he’ll make errors…like a kid normally does.  Sure, there will be growing pains.  But from what I’ve seen Double R might just have what it takes to play there everyday.


I’m not in Cashman’s office.  I don’t know what is going on in the GM’s mind, but I don’t believe that after all the garbage they went through watching Cano split town that they’ll break their necks bringing him back.

NO CANO DONTCHA KNOW!  To quote Garth Algar, “GIVE IT UP, MAN!!  LIVE IN THE NOW!!”

** Not my favorite band, but not my favorite topic of discussion either.  Our Robbie’s gone with the wind…**



 

--Mike O'Hara Senior "Features" Writer
Twitter: @mikeyoh21



Be Read. Get Known.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017