Monday, April 25, 2016

WHEN IT COMES TO AROD, MAYBE I WAS WRONG


Look, I've got absolutely no problem admitting when I am wrong. When it comes to the Yankees, I don't like being pessimistic. I know guys go through slumps. They work through them. They sit with the hitting coach, figure out where they are going wrong, and get back into a good rhythm. It happens all the time in baseball. It's part of the game. So when someone like Alex Rodriguez starts hitting poorly, I saw it for what I thought it was; a slump.

I figured he needed some time to get it together. I wasn't going to call him out because of his age, and I wasn't going to write him off as finished. I'm still not really ready to. Not because I'm a huge fan girl, but because I appreciate his work ethic and how much effort he puts into being ready for the game. But... I very well may have been wrong.


Alex left Sunday's game with a possible oblique injury. According to the New York Daily News, the results of the MRI came back negative. Still, it's not a simple injury to bounce back from. Joe Girardi is concerned about the possible injury.
"Any time someone leaves with an oblique, you're not really optimistic because they take a while depending on the severity of it. When players physically feel ready, I still don't think they have the strength that they had before. It takes some time to get that back.

 I worry. Hopefully, whatever it is, it's really, really minor. He said he didn't feel that bad when he left to get the MRI."
Again, I don't really like being pessimistic. The MRI came back negative. I'm not a medical professional, but I'm going to assume that that means whatever stiffness he feels isn't too serious. He'll probably be benched a game or two, just as a precaution to prevent it from getting worse.


The only thing I am certain of is Alex's .145 BA. If rest is what he needs now, rest him. The truth is that we could use Alex in our line-up. He is 40. He's had a string of injuries. Another one wouldn't be a huge surprise. We're struggling offensively. This could be a setback for us. Hopefully, all he needs is rest.



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804





Bernie Williams and His All-Star Band LIVE in NYC! From center field to center stage on April 30th, prices from $99.99.


Thank you for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. 
Please shop at the BYB store!  
On Twitter: @BleednYankeeBlu 
On Facebook, LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue!
Don't forget to check out the BYB Hub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017