Saturday, January 21, 2012

WHY PINEDA IS READY TO BE A YANKEE

Christian Red of the New York Daily News has the best story of today. Not sure if you caught it, but if you didn't we have it for you. Michael Pineda was interviewed as well as others close to Pineda in the Domincan Republic, all super excited about Pineda's new gig.

Pineda spoke out for the first time about coming aboard the Yankee train and here are some of his quotes:

“It’s a tremendous team, with good pitching. It’s very exciting for me — for the first time in my life, I’ll have the pleasure of playing with
Alex Rodriguez, a huge star, and Derek Jeter, one of the most well-known players ever. And Mariano Rivera, (Robinson) Cano, (Mark) Teixeira, Rafael Soriano... I never thought in my life that I would be in this situation.”

“I’m not scared. I’m always focused, working very hard every day... I don’t think about anything else on game days. I’ve never pitched in New York or at Yankee Stadium, but I’m dying to. We’ll see what happens. I’m going to work very hard to do my job.”
The entire piece is HERE, it's a must read. I posted the Pineda quotes because I really love the way this guy speaks about his new team. Clearly he's excited and I like that. Pineda can and will be a superstar with the Yankees, sure, he could suffer a sophomore slump, people are worried about that, but he also could be a major compliment to the Yankees rotation in 2012. Bottom line, it's weird to see Jesus Montero go, but we need to now suck it up and move forward. We have a kid who's hungry to be a New York Yankee...ain't nothing better than that.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017