Friday, March 16, 2012

WHAT IF JEET ACTUALLY DID TWEET?

It’s amazing how many sports figures are on Twitter and how many of them communicate with their fans. It’s fun. Bill Hall is on there all the time, Joba Chamberlain is as well and Phil Hughes is constantly on there explaining to people that he’s not the Phillip Hughes who plays Cricket, he’s the New York Yankee Phil Hughes. (In Photo: Phillip Hughes, Cricket Player)
It’s all hilarious. I even thought I noticed Curtis Granderson tweeting the other night again...and I thought it was during the game. Is that possible? Who knows...Since we started BYB, we’ve received some really nice tweets from David Robertson in reference to the interview we did with he and Erin, his wife and that was sweet, read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: HIGH SOCKS FOR HOPE, plus, Laura Posada is always wonderful to us at Bleeding Yankee Blue. We in turn have been huge supporters of anything "Posada" and so there you go!

Of course, throughout all of this, Derek Jeter still has not signed up to Twitter and will never do it as far as I'm concerned. I have this debate all the time about Jeter and how I know the dude’s never going to Tweet. I believe many feel eventually, the guy's going to give in and sign up to Twitter. But, can you imagine? You worry about freaks on Twitter now, can you imagine if Jeet actually DID tweet? I picture the guy just totally giving in and being sarcastic on that social network, I mean, why not? Here...here are some examples of just how fun Jeet could be:

Of course,at that moment #theCaptainhasspoken would be trending, I mean, why wouldn't it? I clearly picture Jeter as a jokester...Here's another example:

At that point Swisher would retaliate with something sarcastic and then every Yankee fan out there would RT and try to include themselves in the conversation. Here's another one:

All in good fun Nunez, all in good fun. Look, no doubt Jeter’s a leader, but I would almost assume he’s a ball buster too and if Derek Jeter ever decided to join Twitter, clear the way I see it, it would be his new hobby and outlet. If I saw these tweets, trust me, I’d welcome it and I'd follow him. For now though, we all just need to imagine it and laugh. Believe me, Jeter will never tweet!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017