Thursday, June 7, 2012

THE BLEEDING YANKEE BLUE NEWSSTAND VII

FOLEY’S PUB DOES IT RIGHT: My friend John Mooney sent me an email about something great that Foley’s Pub is doing for all you baseball fanatics. Between June 7th and the 9th, game players of Strat-O-Matic, Brett Carow and Sam Henneman of Minnesota will attempt to break a Guinness book world record by playing the board game in the longest marathon ever. Read Strat-O-Matic press release HERE. The record is 53 hours and 59 minutes. 
Damn, that’s a lot of Strat-O-Matic, but if I know Foley’s Pub they will do it right.  Get there and check it out and support these 2 baseball fanatics! Good luck to Brett and Sam! Foley’s Pub is at 18 W. 33rd Street, NYC.


IS THIS WILLIE? Look, I am constantly looking for old pieces of memorabilia that I’ve never seen before, photographs and rare pieces as well as old baseball cards.  I stumbled across this photograph of what I believe is Willie Randolph from the late 1970’s.  To be honest, I’m not sure if I’m right or not, but I tell you what, I love it. What do you guys think, is it Willie? Comment; let me know if you know anything.

WILL THAT POPCORN KID COME FORWARD? So, back in April we posted that famous 4 seconds that I was able to find of Don Mattingly dipping his hand into the kid’s popcorn. (Video HERE)  I said in the piece that I would have loved to have talked to that kid now to see what was going through his mind when that happened.  Shortly after that, we received the comment below.


Well, we contacted Katelyn McGuire on Facebook and we can’t seem to see if her comment is legit or not. She hasn't written back! So I’m asking you, if you are or truly know that “Popcorn” kid, email me, I want to talk to you.


HOLY CESPEDES! All that talk about signing Yoenis Cespedes in the off season and he ended up signing with the Oakland Athletics.  Sometimes we forget that these players are human even though all the talk all winter was that he was a machine after watching that wacky Internet video he put out HERE.Word on the street is Cespedes has a strained left hamstring and got it in the Oakland, Texas game today.  No, he’s not a Yankee, but there was so much talk about the guy, I felt obligated to fill you in. Read about it HERE.


YANKEE TICKETS & STUB HUB TO BLAME?  Yankee Stadium attendance is down 3.6% after dropping 3% last year and the New York Yankees are blaming Stub hub. Randy Levine said they are currently looking for more fan-friendly ticket options. In a nutshell, because Stub hub’s prices are too low, fans won’t go to Yankees.com to buy tickets, they’ll go directly to Stub hub. Read HERE. Look, I don’t really care about this other than to just say this, the Yankees contract with Stub hub expires after the 2012 season anyway.  They can obviously build a relationship with another vendor, but for now, let’s be honest, wasn’t the whole reason for Stub hub getting so popular in the first place was because tickets were cheaper there in the first place? I don’t want to sound like I know everything, but doing marketing research before the Yankees even signed that deal, wouldn’t they already know that? Whatever, I’ll file this under “silly.”

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017