Tuesday, October 9, 2012

THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD'S ON ALEX RODRIGUEZ

 I'm about to make a pretty harsh statement and it's difficult for me to even write, so bare with me... If Alex Rodriguez doesn't get his head out of his ass and start performing like the ballplayer we know he's capable of being, I'm turning my back on him and I strongly suggest you do the same. This has nothing to do with just last night's game, but instead his body of work from the past several months that has come to a head.

Yeah, it's mean, but I'm fed up as a Yankee fan. This is a guy that I constantly defended all these years. I did it because it's not always easy to be a Yankee. You see, guys like Derek Jeter get it, he was also bred in New York and sometimes when outsiders come in, they can't quite adapt, or can't handle the pressures, because let's be honest, it's the Bronx, filled with Yankee tradition and New York toughness. You need a thick skin and you need to gain the fan's respect. A guy like AJ Burnett never really got it, as much as I liked him personally and Alex doesn't get it either, and guess what? He may never get it for the length of what I'm now calling his ridiculous contract.
Alex Rodriguez needs to strap one on, get in the batter's box and instead of over thinking or debating strikeout pitches with the umpire, actually worry about his job as a Yankee. Because it's crystal clear to me he has absolutely no idea where his balls went and I wonder if he's going to get them back. I really do.

Too harsh? No. We have seen it time and time again, strikeouts in big moments. That look of dread in his face as he stands in the box. The lack of confidence, almost like he's going through the motions just to get finished for the night. Sure, none of this is fair. Hell, I'm not a baseball player, what the hell do I know about the pressures of being a New York Yankee?
(In Photo: Torrie Wilson)
Well, I know enough to know that if you command that type of salary... and you whiff every third time up to the plate, you're either thinking about a woman or you are in the most severe slump of your life. I'm venturing to say it's a woman.

Do I have any idea if it's true? No. Should I be delving into Alex's private life? No, and I won't, but let's face it, time and time again, guys lose their focus when a woman is on there mind, there's nothing scientific about it, but it's true.
Alex Rodriguez needs to stand in front of a mirror, and not kiss himself this time. He needs to look deeply into the shell he's become and figure out the missing piece to his athletic ability, because what I want if I'm a fan of my team is 25 Yankees that are "all in", all the time. I don't want 24 Yanks and an overpaid cheerleader, because while Alex is always there for his team, and always says the right thing to the media these days, I'm sick of it. I want to hear the other Yankees saying "Tonight was all Alex! Big game, big hits and we need this guy, he's great for our team!!" When was the last time we heard about how great Alex was?  Not often at all.
So trust me, time is ticking and my patience for Alex Rodriguez has worn thin. If ARod doesn't start performing, there is 1 clear message from me and I'll be sure to sing it from the rooftops and on Bleeding Yankee Blue... If Alex can't do the job, it's time to cut him loose because let's face it, there are bound to be a lot of cheaper alternatives than an overpaid .270 hitter with a personality complex... And probably less baggage too.

So Alex, start it up bro! We're rooting for you but we're dying as fans! We need you to reach back, get that 2009 feeling back and kick alittle ass... Because trust me, from a true fan...me...Time is almost up...


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017