Saturday, December 22, 2012

THE MARINERS ARE "ALL OVER" RAUL IBANEZ

I love the expression of someone being "all over" someone.  Sure, it sounds like that someone is getting mauled, but I'm making it my own in this world of teams being "in on" or "kicking the tires" on a player.  What the hell is "kicking the tires" anyway? I mean, works to say it, but it's so 2011.

George A. King III of the New York Post says HERE, that the Seattle Mariners have "serious interest", or as I say, they are "all over" Raul Ibanez.

King writes: "According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Mariners have “serious interest’’ in signing the 40-year-old free agent designated hitter and outfielder."

DJ Short of Hardball Talk brings up a good point about the move though saying HERE: "...It’s a bit of an odd fit on the surface, as the club already has a bit of a log jam between DH, first base and catcher, but King speculates that Jesus Montero would get the chance to be the regular catcher while Morales would play first base. Justin Smoak could become trade bait under this scenario, as Ibanez would project as the regular DH and occasional outfielder."

King says that the Yankees and Ibanez have been in touch and I believe a deal is coming between the 2 parties... but let's face it, it's almost Christmas. You have to assume business will shut down today until after the holiday or even until the New Year.  Who knows.  I know this, I trust George King, he's a good egg and gets it right every time.

We'll pay close attention to this, I'd prefer NOT  to lose Raul Ibanez to the Mariners.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017