Wednesday, March 13, 2013

JOBA'S MUSTACHE COULD FLOURISH IN TEXAS

I know, I can't believe I'm saying it myself, but what I'm about to tell you appears to be a very interesting nugget and George King III of the New York Post has it.  Apparently the Texas Rangers are scouting Joba Chamberlain.  Read King HERE.  King writes:

"Don Welke, a senior special assistant to Texas general manager Jon Daniels, was at Steinbrenner Field on Monday specifically to watch Chamberlain pitch an inning against St. Louis."

Now look, this is all making a helluva lot of sense right now.  Joba Chamberlain said a few weeks ago that he could be a starter or closer.  Obviously he was feeling all "high and mighty" with that God damn mustache and is clearly eyeing his free agency which will be here before you know it.  Plus, you know that after he made that comment, both Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman were alittle pissed.  Who could blame them?  While I love Joba and I understand why he made that comment, it's clear to me, that if the price is right, the Yankees will flip Joba.

It is my opinion that the Rangers didn't just show up.  They may have been invited. "Joba's pitching tonight... come check him out."  I'm not saying by who... but you can probably figure it out. In reality, it's a smart move. If the Rangers come out a few more times and they like what they see, what's to say they won't make an offer to Cash before the trade deadline?  If they don't like what they see, at least they saw the mustache close up. Any way you slice it, it's a win, win for Texas.

Look, maybe it's just a story that disappears, but maybe it won't. We'll just have to see. 

 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017