Monday, March 18, 2013

WILL THE YANKEES PURSUE BOBBY CROSBY?

Just a quick note... and not one that I want to bring you. That being said, it's one, that if you wear the thinking cap of the Yankee brass right now... you have a framework for the making of a bunch of players who come together with the same goal, but when you look at them on paper, they seem like a bunch of misfits. Am I right? Dan Johnson? Juan Rivera? Brennan Boesch?  You feel me so far?

If I'm the Yankees, I now pursue newly released Bobby Crosby.  Not because he's good, but because he's 33 and cheap.

Yes, Bobby Crosby has been released by the Milwaukee Brewers just hours ago, read HERE, and again, it is my feeling as a Yankee fan knowing everything I know and feel about my team right now, that we will at least sniff around the hydrant of Bobby Crosby.  Why? Because he's unemployed and he's vulnerable and knowing the Yankees, they are thinking they can get him at next-to-nothing to fill-in at first base for an ailing Mark Teixeira.  Plus, they already tried with Derrek Lee and Scott Rolen and they are not coming to the Bronx.  At least Crosby is closer to baseball right now than they are.

Why am I posting this? I'm doing it because I want to jinx it.  I am hoping if I do this, they WON'T pursue Bobby Crosby.  No offense to Bobby, I'm sure he's a great teammate... I just want something else.

Stay tuned....

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017