Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WE SHOULD ALL BE ROOTING FOR CHRIS DAVIS


In this world of PEDs where everyone is accusatory and  everyone is under a cloud of suspicion, one man is doing it the right way.  Chris Davis of the Baltimore Orioles.  The Major League Baseball players that are clean, are fed up and want things to go back to baseball.  Even Mike Trout came out yesterday and suggested that if you are caught using 1 time, then it should be a lifetime ban, read HERE. Trout said:
"To me, personally, I think you should be out of the game if you get caught... It takes away from the guys that are working hard every day and doing it all-natural."

Enter Chris Davis, who I believe is doing it natural and as of this morning he is up to 43 home runs... and it's August 13th.  Now let me state that I have a thing for rooting for the underdog, and I never disliked Mickey Mantle in any way, but knowing what I know about Roger Maris and how hard he worked every day on the field to get 61 home runs, well, let's just say that I was always in awe of that record and proud of him for breaking it.


Years later, when Mark McGwire broke the Maris record, I wasn't feeling too good about it.  Sure, he did the right thing, hugging the Maris kids, but he must have felt like a real slime ball doing it because it was a lie. Especially these days where he's now gone out and basically now admitted to using steroids and saying "I wish I was never a part of it. Just get rid of it. If it's better to have bigger suspensions, then they're going to have to change it...", read HERE.


Then came Barry Bonds , a guy eventually connected to BALCO, who came in and passed McGwire's 70 home runs with 73.  By then it was clear, the record was tainted and it was then, that I swore to myself that the Maris record was still the only one that stood...61 home runs in a single season! yes, for me, it still belonged to Roger Maris.  That's how it's been in my mind since... until now.


You want to really stick it to the PEDs users? You want to get the record back? Root for Chris Davis. I don't care that he's not a New York Yankee.  You want to get baseball back on track?  Root for this kid that is doing it naturally.  Get the record back to clean baseball.  Chris Davis is clean baseball and I don't care if you hate the Orioles and love Mark McGwire... Think "honesty".  Think "integrity". Think "clean".  Think Chris Davis because there are alot of bad things going on in baseball right now... but Davis isn't one of them and I've love to see the record go back to a guy that just believes in good, old fashion hard work... just like Roger Maris in 1961.

That's my take.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017