Wednesday, July 9, 2014

PUNCHED IN THE GUT: TANAKA TO GET MRI


My buddy just said to me, "Tanaka's going to get an MRI on his right arm. Maybe there's something more serious going on with those recent losses."

I was eating a sandwich. I started coughing, "Did you say MRI?"

"Yup", he said as he looked away from his phone.

"Why don't you just punch me in the gut!" I said.  I couldn't believe what I just heard. I'm angry, I'm sad, and it's just another mess the Yankees could be in.  If Masahiro Tanaka goes down, the Yankees are screwed, bottom line.


It's being reported that Tanaka IS in fact going for an MRI on his arm. According to George King III of the New York Post, "Tanaka has left the Yankees and flew back to New York for an MRI exam on his right arm...After the game, Tanaka said he 'didn’t feel that bad; and thought location was his bigger issue.


'I think a lot of it had to do with command of my pitches,’' he said... Catcher Brian McCann said he was surprised to hear Wednesday’s news. 'The ball was coming out good, he was just up in the zone,' McCann said. 'I didn’t think anything about it.'" 

Now look, that's weird. Why would Tanaka not think or mention a concern, and why wouldn't McCann?  To both of them, it appeared to just be a bad outing. What the hell is going on here?

Whatever the case, now we wait and see.  Cross your fingers ladies and gentlemen... hopefully Yankeeland isn't crumbling, and this is just the Yankees being over-protective of their investment, and nothing more.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017