Wednesday, November 19, 2014

SWITCH-PITCHER PAT VENDITTE TOOK A WALK

Interesting nugget out of Yankeeland... or in Oakland, or Athleticland... or something.


Minor league pitcher Pat Venditte, a guy the Yankees at one point were quite high on, weren't any longer apparently. Or maybe it was just Pat not too high on the Yankees anymore...


According to his agent, Venditte signed a minor league deal with the Oakland Athletics. Check this out:
I was reading Hardball Talk because I wanted to get alittle background to refresh my memory on Venditte. After all, I remember when the Yanks signed him. And then I felt like the guy fell off the face of the earth.  Not exactly true... I just didn't hear as much about him.  Here's Drew Silva of HT with some background:

"Venditte was selected by the Yankees in the 20th round of the 2008 MLB Amateur Draft out of Creighton University and posted a promising 2.46 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, and 10.1 K/9 across 384 2/3 innings in the Yanks’ minor league system, but he went six years without getting called to New York."


Now, I'm surprised at this. Actually, I'm not. After a while, if things don't change, you need to make a change for yourself.  Well, Pat did. Good for you dude.

Another Yankee minor leaguer without a shot in the Bigs.  When will the Yankee wake up? Bring up the kids!

Free Shipping over $200 at SteinerSports.com, code SHIPFREE200

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017